My writing has appeared on Medium.com, in collaborative projects for HitRecord.org, and has placed in multiple writing contests. I have two works published: a collection of short stories (Not Feeling It, 2017) and a book on writing craft (Plotting Your Novel with The Plot Clock, 2019).
I am (exciting news filling in here soon!) and I am a two time quarterfinalist in Screencraft’s annual Cinematic Short Story Contest.
- Memoir/Creative Non-fiction on the impact of fundamentalism in America and how I learned how to lift the veil off my own identity and voice.
- YA Urban Fantasy novel about a liver transplant recipient who literally becomes lost in a book while waiting to have a critical surgery.
- Screenplay portraying a world where fetuses have been granted full personhood rights. This is based on my award winning short story, Tertullian’s Law.
- Participation in NYC Midnight’s 2019 speed writing heats.
- Short story about Albert Einstein’s first wife, Mileva.
- Romantic psychological mystery about travel writing, selective amnesia, and being loved to death.
- I’m toying with an idea to query certain women’s fitness magazines for an article about female orgasm and hysterectomy. Like, maybe in my spare time.
I am also the co-founder of Giantess Press and FitWriters.com. Both sites have titles underway.
My favorite aspect of Hit Record is that its allows me to explore mediums and expressions that I might not default to when I have an idea. Such as:
- Joining a team of comedy writers to create and develop a hilarious podcast series. Podpast: 1991. Proof Of Concept episode released in 2018.
- Participating in a bold, honest and irreverent mini web series on sex education called The Encyclopedia of Lydia. Heads up, it’s PG-13 if you are sensitive that way.
- Contributing to a series called On Mornings, published on Medium.com. I wrote part V of Morning Companions.
“Twice now I’ve written books that began as presents to people I loved….” -Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird
The vast majority of my writing is unknown. That’s because from 2008- 2013 I worked for Business Breakthroughs with Chet Holmes and Tony Robbins as a Director of Writer’s Services and ghost writer. I wrote hundreds of articles that spanned 125 different industries and none of them were in my name. The best part of that was that it taught me how to mimic pulp speed to a deadline and get the job done. The worst part is how ephemeral all that work can be when companies go out of business and take down their websites. It’s a driving conviction of mine now to credit all writers, artists, and contributors to a project. Creators deserve to have their work identified and attributed to their name.
- Interviews, newsletter copy, and articles for Gilda’s Club Westchester, Catholic Charities- Queens & Brooklyn, Covenant House, Habitat for Humanity NYC, and Freedom from Hunger.
- 4 years with Brave Writer, a homeschooling curriculum company. I worked in creative marketing on myriad projects including viral contest design, social media platform management, video editing, email marketing and book marketing. I designed and ran the pre-order launch campaign for The Brave Learner: Finding Everyday Magic in Homeschool, Learning, and Life, which achieved its goal of nearly 200 Amazon reviews within the first month of publication (TarcherPerigee).
- 15 years of experience consulting on blogging for business and marketing, SEO and Analytics, customizing WordPress blogs, and writing for the internet. My previous blog Living Deliberately, regularly achieved 80k hits per week.